August 29, 2013

Back of the Wardobe: Styling African prints

This time, Emma showed us all how to style African prints. I was really looking forward to seeing her take on this, being African myself.  In all honesty, I think Emma's tips would be so handy back in South Africa, as I noticed most of us back home, hardly wear our lovely African prints, even though they seem to be on every street corner. I guess we just have no clue how to wear it. I've only ever owned one african print skirt, which I loved. Sad, really.

Emma did a great job on mixing African prints with western styles. I must say the looks were funky and rather wearable.

Here are a few the shots I took. See the rest of the photos and Emma's tips on how to pull it all together at backofthewardrobe.com.

2 comments:

  1. Cool to see some of our fashion making it onto the streets of London. I used to feel so proud of it - even if it wasnt my style or thing. Hope you're well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Azra :) it is quite cool. Most of these are Ghanian though and it was fun meeting some fellow africans.

      Delete